HAL2Arduino 0.5 – Released.
December 25, 2013 67 Comments
Happy Holidays everyone! :D
With that said, I would like to introduce you to a new version of HAL2Arduino version 0.5.
Our shiny new version has added support for:
- Quadrature encoders for precise position control.
- PID Servo control. For fine grain tuning.
- Basic Jog Wheel support.
- Internal and/or external feedback support. Allows servos/steppers to auto-correct positional errors.
- Faster PC-Host side script.
- Lock-step synchronization between microcontroller clients.
In the pipe-line:
- I2C support for mcp23017 IO expander chips. To allow up to 112 additional pins, per client. Very useful for matrix keypads.
- Analog joystick input. Some people prefer these to jog wheels, especially scrap-bot builders.
- User definable M-Codes. This will allow users to add special commands right in to their G-Code that can signal the microcontroller(s) to perform specific tasks. (Like ‘Brew Coffee’, ‘tweet when complete’ etc.)
Enjoy the holidays.